My first childhood memories are from living in the "gray" (I think it was actually blue?) house in Fort Stevens. I vividly remember picking strawberries in the front/side yard, and going into the sand dunes (now a neighborhood). I remember the three-tall bunks in my brother's room and the layout of the "girls" room. I remember getting to stay up super late with my Mom while she did a sewing project. I remember getting to go with my Dad on a window installation trip (he was the manager of a window plant), where he installed windows into a beautiful log cabin on a lake. I remember playing "Schauermann" sandwich in the living room when my parents were gone teaching childbirth classes at Clatsop Community College.
I am pretty sure most of my memories are from about three and older. Thus, here are some things from the past 6 months. Some things I REALLY enjoyed with you.
* In July of 2013 you starting walking well.
* In October you started running well.
* You love being outdoors.
* You love animals.
* If you want to go on the fourwheeler, or in the stroller....you say, "ride-a-ride-a-ride".
*When I do yard work you entertain yourself by pushing things around the porch or trying to pet the cats.
*You pick cherry tomatoes off the plants, and off the ground. You love tomatoes.
* You have a strange love for Elmo, I occasionally find you shows on TV.
* You love books and will entertain yourself by getting out books and turning the pages.
* In August you starting noticing your dolls and stuffed animals. You even put them in the rocking chair and say, "rock a rock, rock".
* If I ask you to kiss or hug your dolly, you do...soo precious!
* You love all things glittery and gold. We call them "pretties". One day you put about eight bracelets on your arm and walked around the house saying, "pretties"!
* You like the feel of stickers and tape. You say, "stickeee".
* You hug and cuddle with most everyone!
* You still have an amazing smile!
* You don't mind your fingernails being trimmed, but it is WAR if I want to cut your toenails.
*In November you started speaking in sentences. One in particular. I was folding laundry and heard you say (clear as day), "This is Daddy's". I turned and you were holding Daddy's slipper.
*While watching a football game you repeated (almost perfectly) the word, interference. Daddy and I laughed.
*You sleep all night, again.
* Your vocabulary and pronunciation amaze me on a regular basis.
* You think Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are the same character (actually, I don't think you've ever said Minnie).
* You chased Minnie Mouse in Disneyland, prompting me to have your picture taken with her...it was the cutest thing ever.
* You did not like any of the "scary" or "dark" parts of any ride or show in Disneyland. You would say, "all done, all done", and motion with your hands.
* You started crying when we got off the carousel, it was your favorite ride.
* I can't even count how many times you pointed, sang along (your own words..), or clapped while we were in Disneyland. You loved the night parade and the shows the most.
* You were an amazing child our entire California trip! Even on the plane rides!
Excited to see what the next six months brings! Much love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment