Wednesday, July 10, 2013

And....we're walking...

Daddy kept saying he wanted you walking before the 4th of July.  On June 13th you took ten consecutive steps and within two weeks you were walking.

A few random events in the past few months. We went to the Tulip Festival near Woodburn in May.

 
 

Cousin Saddie and Aunt Brooke came and watched you while I worked one week.
 
Daddy regularly gives you 4-wheeler rides.  If we leave the back door open, I often find you trying to get on the 4-wheeler.

 
 You love swinging.
 
 
We celebrated Father's Day!
 
 
One of the gifts you gave Daddy was a pair of pink earmuffs (so you can mow the lawn with Daddy).  You both had a blast!



Your methods of communication are evolving, some more fun than others.  When you don't like the food on your plate you wipe it off the tray (very messy) or throw it at the dog, when we ask you a question and the answer is yes, your face lights up with a huge grin and you giggle (too cute).  When you get overly tired, you start biting (I am usually your victim). You point to things. If I ask, "Want to sing a song?", you start dancing. You can say, "Momma, Dadda, Bubba (our dog), cat, water (vater), book (ook), bye-bye, hi, ball (ba) and you can sign milk.

You had swim lessons the past two weeks.  You enjoyed it immensely.  They taught you to climb out of the pool and you improved your throwing skills.  You now think you can climb everything in our house (I'm a little worried).

 
For the 4th of July weekend, we went to the Siletz property.  You loved the "vater".  I thought we might be able to teach you "river", but it wasn't a successful plan.  You played in the river one afternoon, you sat right down in the cold water and threw rocks until the little ones were gone. You went kayaking with me and floating with Daddy, lots of giggles were included.

 
You and I went down and explored the river most mornings and evenings. You absolutely love being outside.

I'm excited for our summer, it will be filled with adventures and outings.

1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful. Love all the pics, and love how much she enjoys the outdoors. Kai is a climber too...it's a killer, isn't it? I swear every day that I keep him uninjured is a total success to me. :) Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete