Sunday, October 3, 2010

Last few months...

 Some things I've enjoyed!
 
 One of my summer projects was collecting enough frames to create a "Family Wall" in our living room.  I averaged $1.25 per frame, buying them at garage sales and thrift stores.  I spent about 10 dollars on white and black spray paint. I also purchased a wall decal for $8.50.  Each of the immediate families on both sides has a frame (some don't have a picture up yet, but I'm working on those).

 My sister-in-law, Anya threw a "lingerie party" for my sister Melody (check it out at http://naturallymommy.blogspot.com ).  I won this row of shot glasses during a game.  There are six on a glass tray...every six days I put my vitamins in them and it's hard to forget, as they are on my dresser. I think it's a better use of the prize.
 
Between running errands I spent some time picking blueberries in south Corvallis. I love blueberries.
 To make butter, I'm spooning cream off the locally purchased cows milk.
 The end result was butter and buttermilk, but I must have made an error, because it took almost two hours to make. We'll see how it works next time.  I do love the texture of homemade butter.
 While at a birthday party, Matthew purchased this Honda Odyssey.  He only spent a few hours getting it running, and it GOES.
 One of the few successes in my first garden were the tomatoes.  Above, I made guacamole with fresh garden tomatoes.
This stool belonged to Matthew's Grandma, Marie. Paint and a new cushion created an ottoman that we now use in the living room.

What have you done lately, that made you smile?

4 comments:

  1. Quite the list--I can't wait to see your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...well done, all of it! I'm in the middle of re-covering a dresser I bought for $5 while I was out on a run. :) I'm covering it with little ripped-out pieces of green, from magazines...Dave says he can't believe I'm taking all this time to rip out pieces and then glue them on, but...I'm going to love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, the novelty of summer projects...maybe I'll get some done this winter!!! Do you have a pic of our fam? I can't remember if we got you one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's time for a new post, Mrs. Rainey!

    ReplyDelete