Monday, August 3, 2009

A Very Busy Sunday


We started the morning with nerves and smiles. I happened to be wearing a shirt commemorating my nick-name in college (Schauer-Power).

Julie...

Being numbered....although you can't see our right legs had our ages, it was a neat/odd to know the ages of EVERYONE.

We soon found Angela and posed for a picture.
GO BEAVS!
I was very nervous as we made our way to the lake.

The swim caps we were required to wear were a little flimsy and I was laughing as I failed to place it on my head several times. Angela finally helped me out.

I was super scared for the temperature of the water...however 76 degrees feels VERY warm at eight in the morning.

Julie is the first to exit the lake.

When I first saw this picture, I remarked that I recalled exiting the water alone. Wow, tunnel vision.

I'm super happy as I finish the bike section and run my bike to the transition area.

Julie waited and exited for the run with me.

And.... after a 3.1mile run... I am tired and relieved to be crossing the finish line with a time of 1 hour and 37 minutes!

Julie's Finish

The three girls after the event!

And a little arm muscle for the camera....I'm inspired to begin a lifting routine...nice arms Julie and Angela.

It was exciting!
We all finished and I may be ready
to train for another............


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations. That looks like it was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my joints still hurt. getting old sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Lady!!! Congratulations! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Leah! You're fantastically awesome! :-) Love ya, miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you... and I never knew about the Schauer-Power (that's great)haha. Now, let's get serious and talk about doing a relay!
    Have a great time in Vegas and kiss Elvis for me ;)
    Cheers to a good time and we'll chat when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! Maybe I'll be able to train for the next one...MAYBE !!! Or maybe I'll wait til my kids are all grown...Just kidding! Just give a few years without a baby and I'm all over it! : )

    ReplyDelete