Sunday, July 15, 2012

Attempt Number One....ein...uno

Probably because I spend soo much time with just Madison...I talk to her a lot! We count in English, German, and Spanish...hence the title of this post!

 I was given lots of cloth diapers and in an effort to be green I am increasingly using them at home. I was also given cloth wipes. Today, I made my first batch of wipe solution. It was inspired from a blog via pinterest http://www.whitehouseblackshutters.com/2010/03/homemade-organic-baby-wipes.html
 
 My process.

 Step one (ein)....find the said given cloth wipes!

Step two (zwei) .....find ingredients and a container!  I already use an organic baby wash (it smells delightful, I bought it at Target) and have some essential oils on hand (one from doTerra, my sister is a rep. and the other from a local health food store). I looked high and low and finally settled on a large mason jar as my container, I have small hands and can easily get the wipes out (we'll see if Daddy is able..LOL).

Step three (drei)...heat about 1.5 cups of water with coconut oil (a spoonful), a small dribble of organic baby wash (if you put in too much there will be a residue of soap...just a dab :) ), two drops of peppermint oil, and two drops of tea tree oil.

Step four (vier)...pour into container...pre-filled with wipes. Ta..da....

I'll let you know how it goes.  I have two different size wipes and am thinking if this works well, I'll have two jars, one for big messes and the other for wet messes.

Because I'm already washing cloth diapers, they'll simply be thrown into the same wash bucket.

2 comments: