Wednesday, October 12, 2011

50 things about me....

Lindsey and Melody did 100 things about themselves.  In an efficient manner (lazy), I am posting 50!


1. I love teaching students.
2. Each fall I seem to have an infection in my left eye ( I think it beats having the flu or a real cold).
3. I seem to feel more content with myself when I deny my urge to multi-task.
4. I love bright clean colors, and solid colored clothes in those colors.
5. I love it when Matthew acts like a child and tries to play (tickle and poke me)....although he doesn't know it.
6. Eating a truly healthy breakfast makes me feel good about myself.
7. This morning I had two eggs, a mini venison patty, plain yogurt with organic blueberries on top (DELICIOUS).
8. I love dairy products. 
9. I always choose full fat dairy over skim products. 
10. I think God wants us to eat them that way. 
11. I love going for runs with Zanardi.
12. I love it even more when Matthew runs with us.
13. I wish that on my way to school I had time to take photographs.
14. I have a beautiful 21 minute commute.
15. I'm pretty sure I love the commute (does that make me weird?).
16. Last night I made/pressed over 40 venison burgers and put them in the freezer...love it!
17. Next time we go to Cabella's I won't think the burger press is too expensive.
18. My press consisted of a shallow dip container and the bottom of a canning jar...I would fill it partially, press it and then bang on the container to release the patty.
19. Sometimes I think I over-think things. 
20. I love that I have 12 siblings!
21. I love that I have 32 nieces/nephews and one on the way!
22. I wish I could always remember their names.
23. I have always had trouble with names. Movies, people, places, etc.
24. I'm at work (don't tell).....LOL
25. I'm tempted to make this 25 things about me...
26. I really enjoy knitting and don't do it enough.
27. This will be my 5th year with a deer tag and I still haven't gotten a deer.
28. I am an introvert.
29. I need time to process and quiet time for myself.
30. My goal is to finish our wedding album by February.
31. Matthew and I have been married over 6 years....it keeps getting better.
32. I have dreams of having a large garden overflowing with pumpkins.
33. I love that I have fruit trees in my yard.
34. I want to plant enough grapes that I can make juice or wine :) .  I only have one vine now.
35. I loved high school and college.
36. A teacher once told me that I was a "B" student.  My GPA's have always been a little higher.
37. I like to prove people wrong.
38. I am stubborn, but care more about the right answer than myself being right.
39. I like to think I'm clever.
40. Running(jogging...I go slow) is free therapy for me.
41. I try very hard to not bake sweets, but LOVE them.
42. I fantasize about making beautiful fondant cakes.
43. I hope my future children like me as much as my students.
44. A student made my year a few weeks ago when she told me I'd make a great mother and that I should have children.  She'd love to be my child.
45. When students ask me if I'm pregnant (it happens each year) I try to make them feel bad for calling me fat. (I think I might be kinda cruel)
46. My husband and I like Christmas more than anyone else I know.
47. Matthew and I bought some Christmas presents last week.
48. I'm 5' 91/2" tall.  People think I'm much taller.
49. I don't attend church regularly/often but consider myself a christian and love God.
50. I am reading, "Created to be his Helpmeet" for the second time. It has changed my life.


 What are 100 things about you?







3 comments:

  1. I miss you Mrs. Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5-I'm not even going to go there. . .
    13-ME TOO! The sunrise is always so beautiful. . .beautiful lighting!
    15-Me too. . .the drive to work gives me time to wake up and the drive home gives me some "down time" before my boys meet me at the door.
    17-I am proud of the fact that I have NEVER been to Cabella's. . .and I may never go there.
    19-I know I do.
    23-I have a hard time remember movie and song titles, but I can usually remember book titles. . .weird!
    24-I could have guessed that! Do we share a prep?!
    25-I don't blame you. . .I kind of want to try this tomorrow, but you've set the standard pretty high at 50!
    28-Same here
    29-YES! YES! YES!
    31-Us too
    36-My SECOND grade teacher told me I didn't test well. SECOND GRADE! It took me until middle school to figure out that I just need to study. It took me until high school/college to figure out how to study.
    40-Just getting back to jogging. . .bye bye baby weight!
    43-The students like you?! : )
    44-:)
    47-I am going to have the majority of my Christmas shopping done before I return to school (one month. . .eek!). "Someone" we work with may already be done. . .
    48-I think you need to get remeasured. Maybe you look so tall because you are so fit : ).
    50-I have read a lot about this book. . .maybe I will pick it up.

    Have a good week--see you in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah,

    Love it. :) Wish we lived closer so we could jog together sometimes with our dogs. And also so you could eat half of all the sweets I make. Good luck getting a deer this year!

    ReplyDelete