Some comments to accompany the pictures.

Me, very happy to have Nate and Katrina's TALL ladder to trim the edge of the room.
Me, very happy to have Nate and Katrina's TALL ladder to trim the edge of the room.
This is the hole Matthew had to dig to expose the lid of the septic tank...the company wanted to bring out an excavator (it's three feet deep). Matthew decided hard work was better than a big bill....Good Job Babe!
Carpet from the entire home! Dave and Bobbye spent their Thanksgiving Day helping us pull out the carpet and remove all the staples from the floors...THANKS AGAIN!
The front of our new house! We think after a few more finished details we'll be able to use the term home :)
It's been a busy last few weeks.
11/25 We took possession of the property. 11/26 Dave, Bobbye, Matthew and I tore out the carpet and staples. 11/27 We went shopping early in the morning, some Christmas, some house stuff (including door handles for the entire house)..took an afternoon break and worked into the evening, Matthew removed the baseboard trim and I prepped the walls for paint. 11/28 Josh, Stacey, Bobbye, Dave, Matthew and I painted. 11/29 Matthew prepped the floor and I edged the painting from Saturday. 11/30 We both went to work and did some projects once we got home. 12/1 Matthew began flooring early in the morning and was able to complete the entry room and HUGE living room. After work I spent over six hours thoroughly cleaning the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen, they needed some soapy water! 12/2 Matthew began ripping out the rotten door in the master bedroom. 12/3 Matthew and I got up early to get the trailer from Monroe and bought two doors to replace one that was rotten and one that had a very large dog door...returned to the house to install one of the doors. 12/4 The heater in our RV broke during the night, we got up early to get a new one and some caulking. Matthew and I caulked all the exterior seams on the siding that were open as well as Matthew putting the molding around the new door. Matthew floored the kitchen. Late in the evening Peter, Michelle, and six of their children showed up. 12/5 Peter and Matthew serviced our heat pump, furnace and gas fireplace while Michelle and I painted a bedroom and the master bedroom. 12/6 We went to Maggies 1st birthday party, picked up our new fridge and microwave, and GOT A TREE! 12/7 We're on a normal work schedule for now....but still trying to fill our evenings with at least one or two projects.
Don't you love a good house project?? Looks great! Leah, what a woman!! Way to go...keep posting pictures as things get transformed! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete