Sunday, April 1, 2007

Little things make a HUGE difference.

I feel slightly sorry for anyone who's entered our home in the last five days. "Look we have moulding!" I couldn't contain myself and repeated over and over about the moulding.
The floor moulding in the house was extremely dirty and relatively beat up. Thanks to a lot of steel wool and "wood renew" the moulding looks AMAZING (ok, I'm not very humble). I also began installing backsplashes in the bathrooms and kitchen. They need to be grouted now!

this is before the project (no moulding, no backsplash)


In process...

Now the tiles are in place and "glued", then removal of the tape.

ALSO!!!!! The old wall vanities in the two bathrooms have become decorative shelves thanks to much hard work by Matthew!!!

Among a million jobs he also finished putting in the transition pieces that connect flooring between rooms :) Matthew's tasks the last two weeks included; insulating the walls in the garage, sheetrocking the garage (alone), running all the electrical wires to outlets in the garage, framing and installing two new windows in the garage (so we don't have to leave the light on all day for Zanardi in his kennel), mudding the drywall, cutting trim for the windows and other projects around the house, and finally fixing all the fittings in the plumbing that decided to leak (uggghhhh). He's been extremely busy!!!!!


Here are two pictures of the kitchen, it is ready to grout!




I hope you enjoyed the pictures. There is now a stove in the front room, but due to difficulties we haven't been able to hook it up. The red that shows up in the previous pictures isn't a good representation of the actual color (it is acually much darker and richer than it appears). Enjoy!
A functional dining room, who knew????

1 comment:

  1. Give MR. Matthew a big pat on the back from us. Good Work. Now...can we come visit...I really want to see it in person, and then I can get you a "house warming" gift.
    : )
    Melody

    ReplyDelete